No money shall be drawn from the Treasury but in Consequence of Appropriations made by LawUS Constitution Article I, Section 9, Clause 7
Madam Speaker, I rise today in opposition to H.R. 3237 – a bill to provide funding for Capitol security and other purposes.
Unfortunately, after several weeks of discussions, my colleagues on the other side of the aisle have chosen the path of partisanship instead of working together, and I want to explain how we ended up in this situation.
Thank you, Madam Chair. Admiral Faller, it’s good to see you again.
SOUTHCOM is an extremely important area of operations that frequently does not get the priority it deserves because of conflicts in other areas of the world. It has been, and will continue to be, a priority of mine.
- H.R. 2157 FY 2019 Disaster Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act
- H.R. 2740 FY 2020 Four-Bill Appropriations Package: Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education + Defense + State and Foreign Operations + Energy and Water Development
- H.R. 3055 FY 2020 Five-Bill Appropriations Package: Commerce, Justice, and Science + Agriculture, Rural Development, and Food and Drug Administration + Interior and Environment + Military Construction and Veterans Affairs + Transportation and Housing and Urban Development
- H.R. 3351 FY 2020 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act
- H.R. 3401 FY 2019 Humanitarian Assistance and Security at the Southern Border Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act
Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education
Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration