No money shall be drawn from the Treasury but in Consequence of Appropriations made by LawUS Constitution Article I, Section 9, Clause 7
Thank you, Madam Chair. Admiral Faller, it’s good to see you again.
SOUTHCOM is an extremely important area of operations that frequently does not get the priority it deserves because of conflicts in other areas of the world. It has been, and will continue to be, a priority of mine.
Thank you, Chairman Price, for holding this hearing today.
I want to welcome the secretary for his first hearing with our Committee.
Mr. Secretary, I know you come to Washington with the perspective of a former mayor. You have said that there are no Democratic or Republican potholes. And, as a former mayor myself, I completely agree with you on that point.
Thank you, Mr. Chairman, for holding this hearing today so that we can hear Secretary Vilsack’s plans for the Department of Agriculture.
The events of the past year have affected virtually every sector of our economy. This is especially true for our farmers and ranchers. Thanks to the staff at USDA, programs were quickly implemented to help those affected by the pandemic.
- H.R. 2157 FY 2019 Disaster Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act
- H.R. 2740 FY 2020 Four-Bill Appropriations Package: Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education + Defense + State and Foreign Operations + Energy and Water Development
- H.R. 3055 FY 2020 Five-Bill Appropriations Package: Commerce, Justice, and Science + Agriculture, Rural Development, and Food and Drug Administration + Interior and Environment + Military Construction and Veterans Affairs + Transportation and Housing and Urban Development
- H.R. 3351 FY 2020 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act
- H.R. 3401 FY 2019 Humanitarian Assistance and Security at the Southern Border Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act
Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education
Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration