Granger on Fiscal Year 2020 Appropriations Packages
WASHINGTON – Today, top Appropriations Committee Republican Kay Granger (R-TX) released the following statement on the two Fiscal Year 2020 appropriations packages that fully fund the government through September 30th, 2020.
“These appropriations bills will fully fund the government and secure vital conservative wins for the President and Republicans,” said Granger. “Specifically, the bills:
- “Fund the border wall by including $1.375 billion of new funding and place no restrictions on the President’s ability to use funds for immigration and border enforcement;
- “Maintain ALL prior-year pro-life protections and secure the largest pro-life victory in a generation by maintaining the Trump Administration’s family planning regulations;
- “Continue to rebuild the military after years of neglect during the Obama Administration, including a 3.1 percent pay raise for our troops, the largest in a decade;
- “Protect important long-standing Second Amendment protections, such as the Dickey Amendment which prohibits federal funds from being used to advocate for or promote gun control;
- “Allow the President to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement; and
- “Drop countless liberal poison pill riders inserted by Democrats.
“These are strong conservative packages that provide the President with the funding and authority he needs to continue his work on behalf of the American people. I look forward to passing these bills and getting them to President Trump’s desk,” concluded Granger.
To view the Ranking Member's full speeches on the House Floor today, click here and here.